Thursday, April 5, 2012

Post Card from India to Foreign Countries


India Post - Airmail Post Card

For many years I was under an assumption that India Post doesn't have any service to send or receive post cards from foreign countries. Also couple of post cards sent by my friends from Europe never reached me. 

But then I got into Postcrossing.com an on-line community through which people send post cards to random members in other countries. It was a very interesting project and I was very surprised to see some Indian users who have received and sent hundreds of post cards. 

Some how I managed to get in contact with few users and all confirmed that we can send a post card abroad from India Post. 

It only costs Rs.12/- for a standard post card. 

It's known as 'Air Mail Post Card'. 

Indian users in PostCrossing informed me that close to 90% of post cards are delivered successfully. I was very happy to hear this. 

Very soon I am going to send a set of picture post cards to my friends abroad and lets hope all of them will be delivered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment